Senior Data Scientist (1 position)
Tencent (Thailand) Company Limited
Job Responsibilities :
Senior Data Scientist
Tencent Thailand offers unique opportunities to grow with an industry-leading company while enjoying the benefits of creating and starting new businesses. Currently, we are looking for a candidate in the role of Senior Data Scientist located in Bangkok, Thailand.
Tencent Thailand is dedicated to developing internet platforms with quality content for our users’ lifestyles making the online world safe, enjoyable, and educational. Our leading products include, but not limited to, Sanook.com the number 1 portal in Thailand, JOOX- the number 1 music streaming service in the region, WeChat, and Tencent Games.
At Tencent, we aim to fulfill the needs of our audiences, partners, and advertisers with diverse and innovative platforms. We seek highly motivated individuals to join us as we continue our journey to create new products, services, and opportunities in Thailand, a hub of innovation and business for Southeast Asia.
The role exists to provide support to product owners and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The Job candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with the developers for improving the business outcomes.
- Lead a team of data scientist
- Identify the opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Analyze the company data, driving optimization and improvement of product development, provides expertise and marketing techniques for business strategies
- Develop the custom/proprietary data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ads targeting and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Define processes or develop the tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Knowledge and skillful in at least any of programming language(C++, JAVA, Python, R) would be an advantage
- Knowledge in NLP of South East Asia would be an advantage
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Hold a Bachelor degree or Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, AWS, etc
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc
- Hands-on and a great team player